Commercial Water Damage Specialists in Canton, Ohio
Our crews are trained and adhere to following a specific set of steps to insure your commercial property is completely restored from a water loss.
For water damage and flooding events, SERVPRO is a trusted leader in commercial property restoration. Commercial Water Damage Restoration is a scientific and responsive process. Each commercial water damage must be approached differently since there are so many different variables, such as the water source, building materials affected, type of business, category of water, and timeline of water intrusion. At SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County our crews are trained and adhere to following a specific set of steps to insure commercial properties are completely restored.
What is water damage restoration?
Water damage restoration is a process of cleaning water from the property and restore or replacing the damaged items.
Process of water damage restoration:
Step 1: Emergency Contact
Step 2: Inspection – The company will first visit your property regarding the water damage.
Step 3: Water Removal/Water Extraction
Step 4: Drying & Dehumidification – With proper equipment like dehumidifier, they will dry and clean the area.
Step 5: Cleaning and Repair- Crews clean walls, floors, ceilings and contents. Eliminate any odor with an air scrubber. Sanitize all damaged areas and dispose of all unsalvageable materials.
Step 6 Restoration - Process of restoring your home or business to its pre-water damage condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall and installing new carpet, or may entail major repair to the structure.
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County provides 24-hour emergency service and are dedicated to responding faster to any size disaster. We are locally owned and operated in the Canton community and we can respond immediately to your commercial property emergency. Call us at 330-497-4600 or visit our website at www.SERVPROnorthweststarkcounty.com.
Winter Weather Damages? Call SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County at (330) 497-4600
If you experience a water damage due to excessive snow or ice, call SERVPRO at 330-497-4600.
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County is here to help when a disaster strike. We are also here to help you prevent disaster from striking. With all the frigid cold temperatures occurring everyone needs to be taking the appropriate steps to prevent this.
Check sprinkler or irrigation systems to make sure you have turned everything off and fully drained the system. Identify your homes freezing points by inspecting your home for pipes that are in areas that might be prone to freezing, such as crawlspaces, basements, garage, attics, and exterior walls. It is always important to know where and how to shut off your water in case of a pipe-break. Eliminate sources of cold air near water lines by closing off crawlspaces, fixing drafty windows, insulating walls and attics, and plugging drafts around doors. If your pipes are exposed in these areas, it is important to protect your pipes. If pipes are exposed cold; wrap them with insulation or heat tape, even fabric or newspaper can help.
If your property does require storm damage restoration due to cold weather strikes Jackson Township, OH , call SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County for 24 Hour emergency services.
Holiday Safety Tips for Your Massillion, Ohio Home
Happy Holidays from your friends at SERVPRO.
‘Tis the season to be safe especially during COVID-19. The holiday season is already up and rolling, lights have been hung on houses, shoppers are out being distantly safe, and people are busy trimming their trees and hanging festive decorations. However, all these things come with their own safety risks, so it is important to be aware of potential hazards. Below are a few holiday safety tips for presents, cooking meals and holiday decorating.
- Follow safety information on packages, and choose toys that match your child’s age and ability.
- If buying a bicycle or other toys that need safety gear, make sure it fits to size and worn properly.
- Keep small balls and toys of small parts away from children younger than the age of three.
- Never leave cooking food on attended on the stove.
- Keep flammable items away from the stove and oven.
- Deep frying a turkey, make sure its thawed and dried. Always fry outside, and away from your home and do not overfill overheat the oil and the turkey fryer.
- Keep your live Christmas tree well-watered. Buy artificial trees that have a fire-resistant label. Turn off lights when leaving the house or going to bed.
- Place burning candles away from flammable items, and blow them out before leaving the room.
- Only use lights tested for safety and throw away sets that have broken sockets, broken bulbs or frayed wires.
Our crews are available on Christmas if you have the misfortune of a fire, smoke, or water damage, call us at 330-497-4600. SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County wishes you a Safe and Happy Holiday season.
7 Steps you can do to Reduce Flood and Water Damage after a Storm
If you experience a water damage from flooding due to a severe storm in Massillion, call SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County.
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition. There are many things that can be done before a heavy rainstorm to reduce damage to your home and property.
Here are 8 Steps to help you prepare to reduce the severity of the water damage.
- Check you sump pump. Clean the sump pump and pit, and test the pump by pouring water into the pit. Consider having a spare submersible portable sump pump.
- Move valuables to higher locations. Get items such as irreplaceable family photo albums, high school yearbooks, personal videotapes, tax records, insurance policies and household inventories off the bottom shelves in the lower level of your home.
- Keep water out of window wells. Since windows can’t withstand much pressure, build dams and contour the ground so water will naturally drain away from the house.
- Plan an escape route. If certain roads or streets are known to flood easily. Where would you go if your home flooded — a local shelter, a family member or friend’s house?
- Assemble supplies in case the electricity goes off. Gather water, food that requires no refrigeration or cooking, a non-electric can opener, a battery-powered radio and flashlight, extra batteries.
- Prepare appliances for flooding. Shut off appliances at the fuse box or breaker panel. Put freezers, washer, dryers and other appliances up on wood or cement blocks to keep the motors above the water level.
- Shut off electricity to areas of the home that might flood. Even if floodwaters are not reaching electrical outlets, the risk of electrical shock to someone working in a flooded basement is high with electric motors in the furnace, freezer, washer, dryer and other appliances. Shut off electrical breakers or unscrew fuses.
It is important to contact a restoration company within the first 24 hours of a flooded home or business, so we can fully restore your home or business to its pre-flood damage condition. However, waiting more than 48 hours to begin the restoration and flood damage mitigation process increases the chance that the flooded home or business will incur damage. Call SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County at 330-497-4600 for immediate assistance to clean up and restore your water damage caused by a recent storm.
What to Do During a Rainstorm?
Rainstorm tips from SERVPRO of Norwest Stark County. We are here to help if your home floods at 330-497-4600.
Heavy rainstorms, thunder and lightning can be deadly. Some strong storms can pop up quickly and be dangerous if you are driving a car or walking home. Below are tips to keep you safe in the event you are stuck in a rainstorm:
- Turn headlights on immediately if it starts to rain.
- Keep a distance between you and the car ahead, giving yourself ample time to break safely.
- Do not speed, heavy rains pose a risk to traction loss.
- Do not follow trucks or buses too close, so they can see you.
- Avoid heavy rain, excess water could cause your car to hydroplane.
- Slow down to avoid skidding and sliding.
- Never walk on flooded roads or nearby the electricity facilities.
- Bypass well lids on a road.
- Never walk in rapidly flowing water.
- Never go into the water you do not know how deep it is.
- Wear brightly color clothing, so you are visible to others.
- Avoid metal.
When storms hit Northeast, Ohio, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 330-497-4600
SERVPRO is a National Brand Name for Fire Restoration
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County team. Pictured are the Office Staff, Production Manager, Estimators, Crew Chiefs & Technicians and Marketing team.
SERVPRO is the #1 leading brand name in Fire & Water Restoration & Cleanup! When you call SERVPRO you are getting the BEST!
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County is a local franchise company that has a physical office building, warehouse, equipment, trucks, and crews. Not only are we local but we also have the backing of a NATIONAL brand with over 1600 other franchises that we can call on to help us.
How does that benefit you? If a commercial building is flooded, we are not just limited to our crews, we can call other local franchise locations to get more technicians to help with the larger residential and commercial loses. If a storm floods the area and a city area has flooded, we can access more tools and equipment from our headquarters to help more families. Our crews are highly trained in IICRC standards and have the right equipment that are industry standard to get the job done right! Our local franchise and our national claims center are available to take calls 24 hours a day!
We know that emergency situations are never an enjoyable time, but we strive to make life get back to normal quickly and smoothly. If you have an emergency home or business restoration need, call SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County at 330-497-4600! We are here to help!
Commercial Building Fire Prevention Tips
Fire damage to a commercial building in Massillion, Ohio. SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County was able to clean up and restore the business.
As a business owner, it important to understand all safety risks to your structure, employees, and visitors. One of the things you should spend a little extra time planning for is fire prevention.
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) listed in order:
- Cooking equipment, 29% of fires
- Electrical distribution and lighting equipment, 12% of fires
- Heating equipment, 11% of fires
- Intentional, 10% of fires
- Smoking materials, 9% of fires
- Exposure, 4% of fires
- Electronic, office or entertainment equipment, 3% of fires
Helping to protect your business is easy when you follow a few simple measures. Here are a few safety tips so that you can be better prepared if fire disaster strikes.
- Advance preparation is so important. Make sure that key employees understand the business insurance plan in DETAIL. This makes it so much easier when you need to make a claim. SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County has an Emergency Ready Profile which is a quick reference guide geared towards your business to get back up and running after a disaster.
- Make sure your smoke alarms work properly! Smoke alarms save lives, check monthly and don’t forget to change your batteries.
- Make sure safety rules and plans are accessible to all employees. This can be achieved by having the safety instructions posted in all areas of the office space.
- Assess your risk for fire by identifying hazards. In some areas, the local government may even offer a visit from a fire marshal to help identify these risks and provide guidance on your fire prevention plan.
- Have the right fire protection equipment is in place. This includes an automatic sprinkler system, smoke detectors and fire extinguishers on each floor.
- Create a fire plan and review it with your staff on a regular basis. Conduct fire drills at least once a year to keep the fire safety protocol fresh, and take time to review evacuation plans and the location of your first-aid kits.
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County is a trusted leader in the restoration industry. We provide 24-hour emergency service and are dedicated to responding faster to any size disaster. We are locally owned and operated in the Canton community and we can respond immediately to your commercial property emergency. Call us at 330-497-4600 or visit our website at www.SERVPROnorthweststarkcounty.com
September is National Preparedness Month - Get Prepared in Canton, Ohio Today!
September in National Preparedness Month. Call our crews if you experience a fire, water or storm disaster for clean up and restoration.
Did you know that September is recognized as National Preparedness Month? During this month it is important to promote family and community disaster planning. The theme this year is: “Disasters Don’t Wait. Make Your Plan Today.” During this time of Covid-19 it is even more necessary to take extra time with your family and co-workers to make sure everyone is prepared in case of a disaster.
4 Steps to Becoming Prepared According to Ready.gov.
- Make a Plan
Sometimes families are not together when disaster strikes. It essential to discuss the different types of disasters that may affect Canton, Ohio. Knowing how to contact each other and where to meet up if separated during the disaster. If there is an emergency disaster at home or at your business preparing and practicing for an evacuation is critical.
- Build a Kit
Assemble supplies in a tote, bag or box that will last several days after a disaster in case you have to evacuate your home. Consider each member of the family and pets when putting together your emergency kit. Important items are flashlights, water, first aid kit, batteries, food, and overnight essentials. If you already have a kit together updating your supplies based on recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control.
- Prepare for Disasters
In Stark County, Ohio home and business owners can experience; floods, tornadoes, hail, wind, and lightning storms that are dangerous and can cause major damage. Check with your insurance to make sure that you are covered for any natural disasters. Learn how to make your structure stronger in the face of storms and other common hazards. Teach your children and employees to act fast if you receive a local warning or alert.
- Teach Youth about Preparedness
Disasters can happen at any time. Talk to your kids about preparing for emergencies during different times of the day and what to do in case you are separated. During a storm, children become frightened. The more they know the more prepared they will be. Have them help you put together the emergency disaster kit and store it in an area that is easy to find by everyone in the household. Preparedness for tomorrow starts today!
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County is always here to help clean up and restore after a water, fire or storm disaster. Our crews are available 24 hours a day. Call us at 330-497-4600!
Factors that Determine A Fire Damage Estimate
If you experience a fire damage, call SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County to help cleanup and restore your Massillion, Ohio.
Five factors that contribute to a fire remediation estimate
1. Board-up & Roof Tarp Services
Mitigation is one of the earliest expenses to a fire restoration effort. A restoration company from Massillion, Ohio will come out immediately to your home or business and help you determine the scope of loss. Plywood is used to cover most vertical holes in your structure, and tarps are used to cover large holes in your roof. Depending on the extent of the damage and if water is used by the fire department, mitigation work may be required.
2. Security & Fencing
Another aspect of the mitigation process is the protection of your property from intruders and animals. Commercial property owners feel better if the fence is at least put around the facility.
3. Waste & Damage Removal
The next expense to consider in the estimate is the removal of damaged materials. SERVPRO crews will get to work pulling out water damage carpeting, smoke damage walls and insulation. Beyond the removal, and extensive cleaning will start after the debris is removed.
Rebuilding your property is the final expense. The company you hire will inspect and assess the structure and integrity of the building. Everything will be reinforced, and the crew will replace all damaged areas of the building. When complete, your property will look as it did before the fire.
Your insurance policy will inevitably help to reduce the expense of the fire restoration, but there are too many variables to consider specifying how much the insurance will cover. The best thing is to contact your insurance agent.
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County is available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year to help you get your home back to preloss condition. When fire damage invades your home, please contact us at 330-497-4600.
Be Prepared for When Disaster Strikes Massillion, Ohio
Call SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County to get an Emergency Ready Profile done today! Be prepared for the next water, fire or storm disaster!
No matter where your business is located, it is important to be prepared for any natural disaster that may occur. Natural disasters often strike without warning, leaving behind a trail of devastation. Mother nature’s disasters are often unpredictable causing flooding, wind, and hail damage. As a property manager you can be prepared in case your structure is damaged by the next storm.
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County has created an emergency ready profile (ERP). The ERP serves as a quick reference document, detailing important building and contact information for your property in an event of an emergency. The ERP is an ideal supplement to any existing preparedness plan, or maybe used as a standalone document. Knowing what to do and who to call in advance is the key to timely mitigation, and can minimize the effects of any weather-related disaster, water, or fire damage to your business. The quicker your property is restored and back to business the quicker your employees are back to work, making you money.
When disaster strikes, make sure you have experience professionals on the line. No matter how big or small, SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County will be ready to help make your property damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us 24-hours a day at 330-497-4600.