Prepare for a Commercial Water or Fire Damage with a SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile
SERVPRO Emergency Ready Water Shut-off location in a commercial building in Canton, Ohio
Prepare for a Commercial Water Damage Cleanup
A water damage can happen anytime in the year and at any point during the day without any notice. The consequences of a water damage to a commercial property in Canton, Ohio can be devastating to a business/property owner. Would you know how to handle a water loss? How to clean it up and restore your property to reopen your business as soon as possible?
A pipe-break, flooding from a storm, roof leak or sprinkler malfunction can cause severe damage in a matter of minutes. A little preparation for a water damage emergency and having a plan of action can significantly reduce the property damage and get a business re-opened quickly.
At SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County we offer an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP). The ERP serves as a quick reference of important building and contact information. It can be an ideal supplement to any well-designed emergency preparedness or existing contingency program. Large-scale losses can be prevented by following a few simple guidelines. In the ERP it will have a detailed location section along with a picture that shows where your emergency water shut off valves are located, gas shut-off, fire alarm and sprinkler location along with a list of phone numbers of approved companies to call in an emergency situation. It is also very important to make sure someone you can trust has the authorization to make decisions if you are unavailable. This information can also be inserted into your personal SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile.
By working with SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County to develop your personalized Emergency READY Profile your business will receive the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disaster. SERVPRO® is a leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
Call SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County at 330-497-4600 to schedule your No Cost Assessment of your facility.
5 Steps to Clean up a Flooded Canton House from a Storm
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County can help restore your home from flood damage in Canton, Ohio.
A storm can cause severe flooding to a home. Sometimes flood damage is not covered by insurance. If you need to clean up your Canton home by yourself here are 5 Steps that may help.
- It is important to first turn off your water and gas to the house. Wear personal protective equipment. A mask or respirator is important to not breathe in any possible mold spores that may have started form. Wear rubber gloves, boots and old clothes that could be thrown away. Some flooded houses may have bacteria growing in the water that can cause potential health hazards.
- Document areas of the house. Take lots of pictures of the areas that are damaged and write down all household items that have been destroyed. Determine the flood line. That line is usually noticeable by a dirt line wear the water had reached before receding. You want to go 1 foot above that area and then remove everything below. Carpet, carpet padding and drywall needs to be removed. It is difficult to dry-out those items that have been wet for long periods of time. Real wood trim may be salvageable, so take precaution when removing. If any trim is made of MDF or particle board it is damaged beyond repair and needs to thrown out. All studs will be able to be dried out.
- Time to cleanup your home. At this point you are down to the studs and concrete floor/basement of your house. Clean up all debris of your house. Spray down the house with bacteria and microbial cleaner.
- Ventilate and dehumidify your house. Get airflow throughout your house. Rent or purchase industrial strength fans, if all sold out or rented then a place all your box fans in the flooded areas. The humidity is going to begin and it will get hot when the your house starts to dry out, so it’s important to use an industrial dehumidifier. If you can’t find one then opening up your house and let the sun dry it out.
- Verify that everything is dry by using a moisture meter. It needs to be a moisture content of 16% or less on any wood areas to begin rebuilding.One of the biggest mistakes homeowners make when deciding to clean up the water damage themselves is underestimating the extent of the water damage. but to ensure that its completely dry and secondary damage won’t happen, it is important to call a local restoration company.
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County has been in business for over 20 years and has the experience, equipment and trained technicians to help you with your next water loss. Call us today at 330-497-4600.
Winter Storms Can Cause Pipe-Breaks in Canton, Ohio
Winter storms can bring snow, sleet and ice that can cause outside and inside pipes to freeze and break causing severe water damage in Canton, Ohio.
Winter storms can range from a moderate snow over a few hours to a blizzard with blinding, wind-driven snow that lasts for several days. Many winter storms are accompanied by dangerously low temperatures and sometimes by strong winds, icing, sleet and freezing rain. The communities surrounding Canton, Ohio have just been warned that the first winter storm is coming this weekend. We can’t control the weather frigid winter temperatures are here in the Northeast and these temperatures cause severe property disasters including frozen pipes, ice dams and other frozen water damage concerns.
The crews at SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County receive many phone calls from water damage due to frozen pipes. The resulting water damage can be extensive. Outdoor pipes and pipes in unheated areas of the home can freeze if they are not properly insulated or if temperatures are severely cold. We are available 24 hours a day and can quickly and safely repair and restore water damage caused by frozen pipes.
Every winter, SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County professionals help countless home and business owners in Massillion, Canton, Canal Fulton and Jackson Township from water damage to their property following a frozen water property disaster.
Call us at 330-497-4600!
Be Fire Safe During Halloween
A Massillion, Ohio home caught on fire from an outside candle.
Did you know that a fire is a bigger threat than tainted candy during Halloween? There have been less than 100 reports of bad candy in the past years with zero deaths, but the following are Halloween fire statistics that are shocking.
- A three-year study reported around 15,500 fires happen nationally over Halloween and the days surrounding it.
- During this three-year period the fires caused: 45 deaths, 175 injuries and $92 million dollars’ worth of property damage.
- Open flames double during Halloween due to increased use of candles as decoration.
- Arson related fires increase by 10% on Halloween.
Please read the below Halloween fire safety tips provided by the NFPA.
- When choosing a costume stay away from long trailing fabric. If you are wearing a mask, make sure the eye holes are large enough to see out.
- Make sure kids use flashlights or glow sticks for lighting.
- Keep flammable decorations such as cornstalks, crepe paper and dried flowers away from open flames and other hear sources like light bulbs and heaters.
- Use battery-operated candles in jack-o-lanterns. Be sure to place lit pumpkins well away from anything that can burn and far enough out of the way of trick-or-treaters, doorsteps, walkways and yards.
- Make sure exits are clear of decorations.
- Make sure all smoke alarms are working in the home.
- Tell children while they are trick-or-treating to stay away from flames, bonfires or burning leaves. Teach them to stop, drop and roll if their clothing catches fire.
Enjoy and be safe during the Halloween Holiday! If you experience a fire damage to your Massillon property, call the local fire restoration company of SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County to clean up, restore and rebuild your home at 330-497-4600.
Fall Storms Bring Damage to Homes and Business in Northeast Ohio
A tree has fallen on a Massillion home after a severe fall storm.
Pumpkins, falling leaves, bonfires and STORMS? With the change in the fall temperatures in Northeast Ohio comes the possibility of severe storms. Ohioans can experience 90 degree weather at the beginning of the week to snow at the end.
What can you expect from fall storms?
Tropical storms and hurricanes occur on the East Coast and even though, Ohio isn't close to the path of these storms the aftermath can affect the Midwest. These storms can bring flooding to homes and businesses during the fall season and some of these storms can become dangerous with high winds.
This season brings an increase in clashes between cold, dry air and warm, humid air, and these in turn cause developments of severe thunderstorms. You may experience water damage from the heavy rains, storm damage from falling trees on roofs and even home fires from lightning strikes.
Tornadoes usually occur during the summer months, but it is possibly to have a late season tornado. The number of tornadoes decrease throughout the country in the fall, but extreme winds and flying debris for those affected by a tornado can be devastating to both property and people. It is important to be prepared for a tornado to help you to avoid damage from fire or water.
The first frost advisory is evident during the fall and knowing that snow will be coming soon. If the snow does begin to fall and the trees haven’t completely lost all their leaves the branches may become very heavy and break and can come crashing down. You may find yourself needing repair and restoration to roofing, fences, and other parts of your home or business.
With the wind storms during the fall months making the leaves fall onto your home and possibly clogging your gutters. It is important to unclog your gutters after all your leaves have fallen. If you don’t unclog your gutters you may experience water damage to the outside and inside of your home. Read our previous blog about Clogged gutters During Winter Months can be Hazardous to your Home in Canton, Ohio.
If you experience water or storm damage to your home or building after a fall weather event, SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County is here to help. Call us 24 hours a day at 330-497-4600.
Water Damage Commercial Properties Canton, Ohio
Water damage to a commercial warehouse in Canton, Ohio caused by flooding from as storm.
You walk into your business and find that your sprinkler has malfunctioned, and you have water everywhere. Will you survive this financial water disaster? Unfortunately, water damage events are never scheduled and happen at the most inconvenient time. Whether it is a burst pipe, toilet overflow or flooding, a water incident can threaten the safety of your employees and customers as well as sales and revenue. It is important to have a quick response to avoid:
- Business interruptions
- Revenue loss
- Costly repairs
- Undue stress
As a business owner you want to get back to normal business function quickly with little or no interruptions. That’s where SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County is here to help! We are available 24 hours a day 365 days a year to provide commercial properties emergency services to help ensure timely restoration and minimization of secondary damage.
Communication is key to our commercial water loss customers from the initial phone call until the job is completed. As a business owner you want to regain control and get your doors open again quickly as possible. Our crews will provide consistent, effective communication. You will be updated daily on the status of the drying process helping provide you with peace of mind.
Our SERVPRO estimators will provide you with documents with details of the job utilizing the latest technology to fulfill insurance reporting requirements. At the completion of the job a detailed job file documenting the restoration project will include photographs, estimate, signed work authorization and customer satisfaction form will be given to you for your records. Through this detailed documentations and communication with our estimators you will not have to face any surprises in terms of project completion dates, procedures or pricing.
If your business is affected by a water damage, call SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County, your local water restoration and clean up professionals at 330-497-4600.
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County Receives Outstanding Performance Award
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County 2018 Outstanding Sales Bronze Winner Award.
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County Received the Bronze Outstanding Sales Performance Award Industry leader in clean-up and restoration services recognizes top-performing franchises at 50th Annual Convention, (Grassroots Newswire) - received the at SERVPRO’s recent 50th Annual Convention. The event, themed “Making History,” was held from June 24-28 at the Sacramento Convention Center in Sacramento, California, where the company was founded.
“It is always gratifying to earn a distinction for our business,” said Laurie Kolenz, SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County Owner, “but it feels especially good this year. We are proud to be a member of the SERVPRO franchise family as the company celebrates 50 years of franchising success. SERVPRO’s ongoing commitment to providing innovative tools, ongoing training, and an ever-evolving business framework gives entrepreneurs like us a roadmap for success. We are proud to be part of SERVPRO’s team of dedicated disaster remediation professionals, and to know that we have both the tools and the knowledge to serve home and business owners in our community should the need arise.”
The company’s 50th Annual Convention was a celebration of the company’s history and a showcase of small business best practices and cutting-edge restoration and remediation technology. The event featured a variety of workshops and group sessions ranging across 37 different topics. Attendees gained knowledge and hands-on experience to help them build and grow their businesses and strengthen ties with both residents and businesses in their local communities. Highlights of the convention included a keynote address by motivational speaker Jon Gordon and an awards ceremony recognizing the achievements of top-performing franchisees.
“SERVPRO has come a long way since Ted and Doris Isaacson started the company as a painting business in Sacramento in 1967,” said Rick Isaacson, chief executive officer of SERVPRO. “In 1969, they used their cleanup and restoration background to take their new company in a different direction and never looked back. SERVPRO’s professional services network now includes more than 1,700 individually owned and operated franchises across the U.S. and Canada. Our annual convention brings this diverse group of entrepreneurs together to learn from industry experts and gives us an opportunity to recognize our top-performing franchises. We are proud of each of these dedicated professionals and the world-class service they provide to their customers and their communities.”
For more information about SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County , please contact Laurie Kolenz at 330-497-4600 or SERVPRO8627@gmail.com or visit www.SERVPROnorthweststarkcounty.com.
Fire Damage Restoration - Step 5
After picture of a kitchen that was damaged by a fire in Canton, Ohio.
Step Five: Reconstruction Process
Step 5: The Reconstruction Process is the final blog to our 5 Steps of the Fire Damage Restoration Process. After a fire has damaged your belongings and/or structure it is important to restore your home or business properly and quickly to get back to living and working.
The final stage is to begin restoring the salvageable items that were damaged by soot and smoke. If the items are damaged beyond repair, then items will be replaced. During this process a project coordinator will work with the home or business owner to remodel and redesign the structure. All new drywall, doors, cabinets, flooring, windows or any other part of the structure that was damaged will be ordered and replaced. For instance, if the carpet can’t be cleaned then new carpet will be picked out, ordered and then installed during this final phase.
After all renovations have been completed and the home is back to preloss condition then any contents that were packed up will be delivered back to the home or building.
If you have suffered fire damage in Canton, Ohio located in Stark County, please call SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County. We can help restore your home or business to preloss condition: 330-497-4600.
Do You Have Water Damage From a Rain Storm?
Storm Damage to a Canton home.
STORM DAMAGE RESTORATION
At any moment a storm can strike and possibly flooding can occur that can cause water damage to your home or business in the Canton, Ohio area. According to the NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) , “In 2019 (as of July 9), there have been 6 weather and climate disaster events with losses exceeding $1 billion each across the United States. These events included 2 flooding events and 4 severe storm events.” If you experience water damage from a recent storm you may worry about the cost of hiring a water damage restoration company. If you delay the cleanup and restoration process it may eventually cause you more damage decreasing the chance of saving your personal belongings and will end up costing you more money for the restoration.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE HELP ARRIVES
After hiring a water damage restoration company, here are steps you can take to make it easier for them to get started.
- Shut off the source of the water.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building if the access panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors
FINDING A WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION COMPANY IN YOUR AREA
Calling SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County makes hiring a local water damage restoration company easy.
We are dedicated to being faster to any size disaster to residential homes and commercial properties. Call the experts at 330-497-4600.
The Advantage of Hiring a Restoration Company for a Flooded Basement
SERVPRO equipment drying out a basement that was flooded.
When a water disaster happens in your home it makes a huge mess to the structure of your home and all its belongings. There are different types of water that can create this damage. Clean water is from a water supply line or dirty water from ground water or sewage. Dirty water can bring added risk of bacterial contaminants that can be a health risk to your family if not properly cleaned up. It is also important to clean up the water quickly because the longer it sits, the more water damage it will cause. Although, you may be able to clean up your own water disaster the following are reasons it is beneficial to hire a local restoration company.
- Equipment– Professional restoration companies use moisture meters that will detect all the areas that have been affected by the water. They use truck mounted extractors that will remove water. Air movers and dehumidifiers that will dry out the structure quickly.
- Experience– Restoration companies have been in business for many years and clean up and dry out buildings daily.
- Training/Certification – Many restoration technicians are IICRC certified and trained in water damage restoration.
- Detailed Paperwork – Technicians will provide a detailed estimate that clearly lists all services to be performed. They will use an insurance-based program that will determine the cost. Technicians work closely with insurance adjusters this will ensure that when filing a claim, it will be covered and paid.
- Comprehensive Restoration– Most restoration companies offer comprehensive services to completely restore your property. Daily monitoring of the dry out will ensure that your structure is dry. If your structure is not completely dry, mold growth may begin.
One of the biggest mistakes homeowners make when deciding to clean up the water damage themselves is underestimating the extent of the water damage. Water tends to travel through cracks and crevices and even saturate solid materials like drywall, wood and all types of flooring. You don’t necessarily need to hire a water damage restoration company to clean up your home, but to ensure that its completely dry and secondary damage won’t happen, it is important to call a local restoration company.
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County has been in business for over 20 years and has the experience, equipment and trained technicians to help you with your next water loss. Call us today at 330-497-4600.