Follow SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County on Our Social Media Accounts
Follow SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County on Our Social Media Accounts!
We want to let everyone know that SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County is on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can like, share, and follow us on our pages by clicking on the following links:
On each of our social media accounts we post information about:
- News about our company
- Tips & tricks about the fire, water, and storm damage industry, plus more
- Meet the SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County team
- Community events
- Drawings & Giveaways
It's a great way to learn a little bit more about what we do in our community and keep up with events that we have done, or those coming up soon. If you want, click on an above link to leave us a review or comment about an experience you have had with SERVPRO. We want to know what we can do to continue providing our customers the best possible service. Our goal is to restore your property damage, "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County specializes in Fire & Water Restoration and Cleanup. We are a trusted leader in the restoration industry, and we provide 24-hour emergency services. We are locally owned and operated with highly trained and IICRC crews available 24-hours a day at 330-497-4600. If you want to learn more, visit www.SERVPROnorthweststarkcounty.com.
Grilling and Fire Pit Safety Tips for Summer Fun in Canton, Ohio
Following a few safety tips for enjoying a fire pit can save your home from catching on fire in Canton, Ohio.
During the summer and fall months, we all love to enjoy a nice grill dinner and a fire with our friends and family. It’s important that you are stay safe. SERVPRO receives many calls after a home has caught on fire from left attended grills and firepits.
Here are some ways you can keep your home safer from outside fires:
- Moving the grill away from siding, decking, and other things that can catch fire.
- Keep children and pets at least three feet away from the grill when its hot.
- Stay with the grill the entire time you’re cooking
- Keep your grill clean so leftover grease and fat won’t catch on fire.
Backyard Fire Pits:
- Make sure the fire pit is at least three feet away from your house and anything that can burn,
- Closely watch children when the fire pit is in use.
- Use a metal screen over wood-burning fires to keep sparks from floating out.
- Turn off or put out fires before you leave the backyard.
- Store matches and lighters out of children’s sight and reach.
When restoration professionals take over after a fire has brought destruction to your property, you can breathe again. You can have hope and trust that life will go on. You will get back to enjoying your home or commercial property. It simply takes the knowledge and skills of professionals to put everything right again. Our crews are available 24/7 at 330-497-4600 or visit http://www.SERVPROnorthweststarkcounty.com for more information on fire damage.
Severe Weather & Disaster Safety Tips in Canton, Ohio
Storms can cause damage to your home and its important to educate yourself on disaster safety tips.
Storms are very unpredictable and can be deadly. A severe storm can produce large hail, severe wind and heavy rainfall and leave your home with water and structural damage. Its important to educate yourself on disaster safety tips before the next storm.
Severe Weather & Disaster Safety Tips
- When at home or in a building and threatening weather approaches, go to the basement or interior hall. Stay away from windows.
- Stay protected from lightning by seeking cover inside substantial buildings (one with a full enclosed roof, walls, and floor) and hard-topped vehicles.
- During a forecast of severe flooding, be prepared to evacuate. Get to high ground.
- Never attempt to walk or drive through flood waters. The water can be much deeper than it appears.
- The safest place to be during a tornado is a basement. If the building has no basement, or cellar, go to a small room (a bathroom or closet) on the lowest level of the structure, away from windows, and toward the center of the building.
- If you’re in a car or mobile home when a tornado approaches, leave immediately. If you cannot locate underground shelter, lie flat in a gully or ditch.
- If you’re outside when a hailstorm strikes, quickly seek shelter.
SERVPRO of NW Stark County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Our crews are available 24/7 for water and storm damage cleanup and restoration at 330-497-4600.
SERVPRO Emergency Water Profile
SERVPRO has an Emergency Ready Plan mobile app that will help you prepare before a water damage to your home or business.
Preparation is key to making it through any size disaster, whether it is a small leak, pipe break or an area flood. The best time to plan for such water events is not when it happens, but before it happens. You never plan on a water disaster, but now you can plan for it by calling SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County we can ensure you and your home or business are "Ready for whatever happens", with our Emergency Ready Profile (ERP).
The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile is a start-up approach that provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference of important structure and contact information. By working with SERVPRO’s Emergency READY Profile, your home or business will receive the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disaster.
The ERP is a comprehensive document containing critical information about your business, including:
- Emergency Contact Information
- Shut-off Valve locations
- Priority Areas
- Home or Building layout
All SERVPRO’s are locally owned and operated. We will respond quickly to a water cleanup to homes and businesses that is in Canton, Ohio, and surrounding communities. Our knowledgeable, highly trained and IICRC certified crews are available 24/7/365 days a year. Call us today at 330-497-4600.
Steps to Take Before a Fire Restoration Specialists Arrive
Before and after pictures of a fire damaged home that we restored to preloss condition in Massillion, Ohio.
A house fire is one of the most frightening and disruptive events that can impact a family. After surviving a fire, it is crucial to remain calm and take the steps that will help you recover from this traumatic event. Enlisting the prompt support of family and emergency service professionals, like SERVPRO, can really make a difference in the recovery process.
Steps to Take Before Fire Restoration Specialists Arrive at Your Massillion, Ohio Home
The best way for you to help your Massillion, Ohio fire restoration project is to call in professional help as soon as possible after a disaster. Getting technicians on the site before damages set in can have monumental effects on restorations’ speed and cost. However, there are a few other things that you may do to help us out before we arrive.
- Place towels on the floors - One of the ways that damage can spread to other parts of the house is underfoot. By placing clean towels and sheets around the damaged area, you can create walkways that stop ash from getting tracked around the house.
- Wash your plants - If you have any live houseplants, give them a quick wash. Even light fire residue can harm these living, breathing organisms. The sooner that ash and smoke can be washed off of them, the healthier they will be later on.
- Change your HVAC filters – Chances are, much of the smoke and ash got sucked into your HVAC system. While SERVPRO technicians are trained and certified to clean these systems out, you should still do all you can to avoid spreading residues around the house. A quick filter swap could stop ash from spreading to new parts of your home.
- Stay safe – Fires may affect the structural components of your home. If you notice burned supports, falling ceiling material, loose wiring, or any other potential hazards, stay away from the area. Our experienced personnel can identify and contain these threats without any risk to you.
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County stays ready on a 24/7 basis to provide high-quality fire restoration services to Massillion, Ohio homeowners. Call us on our emergency line at 330-497-4600.
Burn Safety Tips
Tips to prevent burns. SERVPRO is always here to help at 330-497-4600 if you experience a fire, water or storm damage.
Summer is the time to enjoy vacations, camping, picnics and family gatherings; however, summertime also brings fires and burn injuries due to fireworks and outdoor cooking. Know how to prevent a burn while you enjoy outdoor activity this summer.
- Wear short sleeves or roll them up when cooking on the grill.
- Use long-handled barbecue tools.
- Keep a 3-foot safe zone around grills, fire pits and campfires.
- Attend public fireworks displays; this leaves the lighting to the professionals.
If you experience a burn, do the following:
- Place the burn in cool or lukewarm water for three to five minutes.
- Cover the burn with a clean, dry cloth.
- See your doctor if the burn is larger than your palm.
- Use compresses if running water isn't available.
- Don't apply ice. It can lower body temperature and cause further pain and damage.
- Don't break blisters or apply butter or ointments, which can cause infection.
The staff and crews at www.SERVPROnorthweststarkcounty.com want you, your family and friends to be safe this summer. For more information, please visit www.usfa.fema.gov.
Don’t forget if you experience a fire, water or storm damage we are available 24-hours a day at 330-497-4600.
Summer Storms Can Cause Severe Damage to your Canal Fulton, Home
Call the experts at SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County If you experience flooding damage to your home from a summer storm.
Today is the first day of Summer and in Canal Fulton, Ohio we always experience several severe storms throughout the season. It is important after you go through a nasty summer storm be sure to inspect your property carefully for any damage. If you find any destruction you want to fix any issue right away to save the most money and to stop any further damage. Severe storms can produce tornadoes or severe flooding that may make you evacuate your home or cause major destruction.
Here are 10 tips if you experience a severe storm:
- If you were ordered to evacuate, wait until local officials have declared the area safe to return home.
- Before you enter your home check for visible damage with extreme caution and wear protective clothing.
- Check your plumbing system. If there was a burst pipe, turn off your water right away.
- Do not drink or cook with tap water until it has been declared safe to do so.
- Throwaway perishable food it may be contaminated.
- Look for live electrical wires before turning on any lights or appliances.
- Before you report a claim to your insurance agent, have the Following information available: name and address, phone number, policy number, date the loss happened, description of events that led to the loss.
- Contractors frequently canvas storm damage neighborhoods shortly after an incident looking for work. To avoid becoming a victim of fraud, ask the contractor for proof of liability insurance, and never sign a document you do not fully understand!
- Take pictures and videos of the damage on the outside and inside of the home for insurance purposes. If you have written inventory and save receipts for your prize possessions, it will make the claims process much easier.
- In preparation for the next storm, make sure to create a detailed home inventory checklist. This will be helpful the next time you file an insurance claim.
SERVPRO Northwest Stark County is a reputable fire and water cleanup and restoration company for homes located in the Canton, Canal Fulton, and Massillion areas. Do not be taken by a storm chaser, give SERVPRO your locally owned and operated restoration company a call today at 330-497-4600.
Safety Tips on Smoke Alarms for your Massillion, Ohio Home
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County are experts in smoke damage clean up and restoration.
Smoke alarms can save your life!
Here are some key tips on smoke alarm fire safety:
- Smoke alarms are a key part of a home fire escape plan. When there is a fire, smoke spreads fast. Working smoke alarms give you early warning so you can get outside quickly.
- A closed door may slow the spread of smoke, hear and fire. Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area. Install alarms on every level of the home. Install alarms in the basement. Smoke alarms should be interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound.
- Large homes may need extra smoke alarms.
- It is best to use interconnected smoke alarms. When one smoke alarm sounds, they all sound.
- Test all smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.
- Todays smoke alarms will be more technologically advanced to respond to a multiuse of fire conditions yet mitigate false alarms.
- A smoke alarm should be on the ceiling or high on a wall. Keep smoke alarms away from the kitchen to reduce false alarms. They should be at least 10 feet from the stove.
- People who are hard of hearing or deaf can use special alarms. These alarms have strobe lights and bed shakers.
- Replace all smoke alarms when they are 10 years old.
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – SERVPRO of NW Stark County 330-497-4600
SERVPRO is the Premier Choice for Disaster Recovery & Restoration in Canton, Ohio
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County is a premier choice for water damage restoration in Canton, Ohio.
If there is any doubt about why SERVPRO is a top choice for water damage cleanup services, one only needs to look at the costs and effort involved after storms, fires, or floods have ripped through communities. Water damage brings many challenges, so it is important to leave the cleanup work to IICRC certified crews, like SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County. Our crews have ample experience in flood cleanup, water removal, structural dry-out which all need attention after floods and water damage.
SERVPRO can handle any size disaster
The reason why SERVPRO can handle large disaster situations so well is because of its vast network. The franchise connections across the state mean ample resources to tackle any job in any location. The professionals are well-equipped to fix commercial water damage or conduct a full home restoration. Our crews are highly trained. Each SERVPRO team consists of specialists who have worked extensively in the disaster recovery field and can handle all aspects of disaster cleanup, including:
Dealing with an insurance company after a disaster is part of the process. That is why SERVPRO has developed numerous contacts in the industry to make it feel like a smooth and productive collaboration. SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County is a preferred vendor with most major insurance companies.
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration in Canton, Ohio. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
24/7/365 Commercial Water Damage Cleanup in Massillion, Ohio
Our crews are available 24/7/365 to cleanup your water damaged commercial building in Massillion, Ohio.
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County has been servicing business owners in the and surrounding communities of Canton, Massillon, Canal Fulton, Perry Heights for water, fire, storm and mold damage cleanup and restoration.
Commercial cleaning and restoration present unique challenges. You need a company that provides excellent results while minimizing the disruption to your clients. So, when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services, SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County has the training and expertise to help make it “Like it never even happened.” Our office has been open for over 30 years. We have the experience, expertise, and equipment to get any size job, nothing is too small or too big for our crews to handle. We can do water mitigation, dry-outs and rebuilds for mid-size and high-rise buildings in Stark County, Ohio. We provide service too:
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County have an amazing response time to get your job started and will continue with outstanding communication to we finish your job. Our crews are on call 24-hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. There is never a time our teams are not available and ready to help you with your disaster. Our office personnel, estimators, production managers and crew chiefs will work hand in hand with your insurance agents and adjusters to handle your claim and to ensure all work is documented properly and closed quickly and efficiently. SERVPRO has national account status with most major insurance carriers in Ohio.
Call us at 330-497-4600 or for more information visit our website at www.SERVPROnorthweststarkcounty.com.