SERVPRO Restores Pipe-Break Water Damage Commercial Office Buildings
During the winter months your building could be flooded as a result of a pipe-break. Below are a few facts:
- 30% of all frozen pipe failures occurred in a basement.
- Frozen pipes are one of the biggest risks of property damage when the temperature drops.
- A frozen pipe can lead to a pipe burst, which can lead to more than $5,000 in water damage.
- 250 gallons of water can spew from an 1/8 inch crack in a pipe.
- Freezing point for water is 32° it is important to keep your building above that temperature.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
For help restoring your commercial space after a pipe-break water loss, call SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County at 330-497-4600 and we will make it “Like it never even happened.” Our crews are available 24-hours a day to service commercial property owners in Stark, County Ohio.