Spring Season Fire Tips & Hazards in Canal Fulton, OH
Spring is here! As we start to enjoy the warmer weather in Canal Fulton and begin to grill outdoors and enjoy our first bonfire, we also need to take a moment to think about how we can all be more fire safe. SERVPRO has cleaned and restored many homes after a fire and therefore we thought we would share some annual spring-cleaning tips for fire safety.
Fire Tips and Hazards Inside Your Home:
- Test your home’s smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Check all electrical cords that Discard any electrical cords that are frayed.
- Check basements, attics, and around electrical appliances for any water leaks from the winter weather.
- Inspect and clean your lint trap and exhaust from your clothes dryer.
Fire tips and Hazards Outside Your Home:
- Remove dead leaves and other flammable debris from gutters around house foundation and under decks, porches, or stairs.
- Clean out and organize garage, sheds. Make sure all flammable materials are stored in fire-rated containers and away from children.
- Check grills for rust, insects, grease, and other debris before starting.
- Replace any gas hoses that are worn.
- Check and remove any debris from outdoor vents and AC units.
If you experience a fire, call the professional and IICRC trained technicians from SERVPRO of Northwest Stark County. We are available 24 hours a day at 330-497-4600. Check out our website at www.SERVPROnorthweststarkcounty.com for all our services.