6 Tips for Preventing Water Damage from Appliances
Water damage can be expensive to cleanup and repair especially if a small leak goes undetected for months or even after a catastrophic flooding event. Water damage from a home appliance can be a reason from a water damage and below are six easy and inexpensive tips that can help prevent losses from appliances:
1. Check all your appliance for leaks every four months.
2. Check supply hoses on your washing machine, dishwasher and refrigerator regularly to ensure a tight connection and no breaks or tears.
3. Read the manual for types of soap and load recommendations for the washing machine and dishwasher. Some soaps and detergents can clog machines and cause water overflows.
4. Flush your water heater once per year.
5. Don't leave running appliances unattended.
6. Replace hot water heater when it is nearing the end of its life expectancy, even if there aren't any problems
No matter how simple water damage might appear in your home, the situation can often prove worse than it appears. You can always count on the prompt response and honest estimates from our SERVPRO of Northwest Stark professionals. We can work quickly to make it “Like it never even happened.” Give us a call at 330-497-4600.